Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Stand for getting through hard days.

My adrenaline was running top speed all day yesterday with the production of Dancing with the Stars of JMU last night.... no wonder I felt worn down, exhausted and a little depressed today.

One of the hardest things for me in accepting my mental illnesses is the fact that they are never really going to go away, and also I can't control when my symptoms will flare up. I can work really really hard to keep myself healthy and in recovery - but sometimes it is still just going to be extra difficult.

Today felt like one of extra difficult days.

I did my best to stay focused on the tasks of the day at hand though - mainly classes. And worked on reframing my thoughts. Have you ever done that before?

Today ALL day in fact my brain kept saying "just give up, it's not worth it." so I had to counter it with "you're tired - and you are worth it - take it easy".

It helped me get through today in my after production emotional roller-coaster ride type of thing....


...and it worked kinda (but don't tell my therapist I said that haha)....

Today I stand for getting through the hard days because we all have them. Sometimes we don't know why they are hard, and sometimes we do - but doing little things to get through them - asking for support, reaching out and taking it easy are all things that I stand for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment