Saturday, July 28, 2012

We Stand for HOPE.


A few months ago I began telling people I wanted to do something. Something to publicly say "screw you" to the disease that has taken a good part of my life from me. And people responded.

On October 27th 2012 Roanoke will have it's very first benefit to raise awareness, education, HOPE, and a little money for the treatment of Eating Disorders.

It's Called: Where I Stand

My eating disorder almost took my life - and after spending lots of time and money in intensive treatment - I'm finally finding my way out of the darkness that consumed me.

Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness. And are debilitating. But There is Hope - in prevention, in treatment, and in recovery - and that is where I stand today.

On October 27th 2012 at 7pm in the PH auditorium (almost certainly) I will publicly share my story. As will others. You will see dances from studios around Virgina - as dancers perform and empower themselves to be healthy. You will hear from friends of people who have struggled, poetry, and so much more.

You yourself will also have an opportunity to donate to a scholarship where 100% of the monies will go directly to treatment for someone struggling. And Stand for Hope.

Tickets are $10 per ticket (all proceeds go directly to the scholarship). They will go on sale at the beginning of September. Locations TBA.

Something Big is Happening. Don't miss it. Invite friends. Spread the word. Raise Awareness. Spread HOPE.

Where I Stand Roanoke

No comments:

Post a Comment